[General] Topics for next meetings

Eng. Sabah Al-Sabah sabah at techsys.net
Mon Jan 1 15:38:34 AST 2007

Hello All,

A word of caution!

During my visit to Linux World this year in Koln- Germany, I visited some
open-source application developers looking for an ERP package, I noticed
that they all use PostgresSQL, I asked them why are you not using MySQL?
there answer was "Due to loicensing issues"!!, I said what licensing issues,
I thought MySQL was free, they said, "Well not exactly"

So I did some search and found this: http://www.ofb.biz/article.pl?sid=325

Also, I was told that PostgresSQL has more feature than MySQL like stored
procedures. Please see this comparison:
http://monstera.man.poznan.pl/wiki/index.php/Mysql_vs_postgres

Best Regards,

Eng. Sabah Al-Sabah