[General] some Ubuntu updates

Bashar Al-Abdulhadi bashar at kuwaitnet.net
Sat Oct 13 02:18:53 +03 2007

Some Ubuntu updates for those whom interested :)

---------------------------

To help people get into 7.10 and  answer any small questions you might
have, there is a series of online classroom sessions planned. Here is
how Jono Bacon, our Community Manager introduces it :

" I just wanted to fill you in Ubuntu Open Week. It is a week of IRC
tutorial sessions that I organise that is run immediately following a
release, and designed to help people get involved in the Ubuntu
community. It covers a range of different subjects, and has proven
popular in the last few releases.

This time is takes place from Mon 22nd Oct - Sat 27th Oct between
15.00UTC and 21.00UTC on #ubuntu-classroom on Freenode. The sessions are
being delivered by a worldwide cast of characters, some from Canonical
and some from the community."

You can find the timetable and list of sessions at
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuOpenWeek

---------------------------

The other thing happening is the Ubuntu Developer Summit or UDS, and
this is a reminder for those who can make it that it starts on Monday
29th October in Cambridge, Mass, USA. If you go to
http://www.ubuntu.com/news/spotlight/uds you will see all of the details.

We'd love to see those of you who are into making the Ubuntu 8.04 Server
and Desktop something special, and designed to meet your needs. It is
really a technical conference so developers are more than welcome.  So
if it's deeply technical, why am I going ? To make sure that you can all
get your say in the development process, and to buy the beers  :-)