[General] Internet usage in Kuwait (was KITS monthly meetup)

A Alkhaled ali_alkhaled at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 3 10:02:27 +03 2011

Yes! I second that.

I guess if we need to campaign for anything, we should campaign for the establishment of a Telecom Regulator. That's the professional way of doing things. It's just like having the "Central Bank" or the "Stock Market Regulation Committee" (newly established). With such regulatory body, consumers will assure protection, theoretically speaking. In case of a Telecom Regulator, they should be able to complain against any ISP or telecom in case of any violation (just like the one we are having now).
(Practically speaking, such regulator will never be politics-free, because we are in Kuwait, unfortunately)

Meanwhile, let us not underestimate suing ISPs, because this at least means that people are not passive. Such campaign may grow to a real change.

Lets be optimistic and supportive at least