[General] Internet usage in Kuwait (was KITS monthly meetup)

Majed B. majedb at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 11:32:29 +03 2011

First of all, the campaign has not stopped. We're still pursuing it
but there are steps to be taken and time to be considered with the
ministry.

The post Huda referred to does not reflect any weakness. People want
Internet and they want it now. Some people cannot function without it,
so I simply suggested to use the lowest speed possible until the
problem is resolved.

As for you, Huda, who is questioning the team, please keep in mind we
have and are doing our best and that the problem was not resolved
because of YOU and people like YOU.

We have been organizing since June, and in the end when we needed
people to attend the seminar to show their presence and that we're not
a small group of people who are complaining, and sign a petition to
the prime minister and parliament head, only 40-50 people showed up
and it gave the ISPs and ministry the impression that this is all a
hype.

People did not bother coming to the seminar to prove their point nor
stand up for their rights. Why are we, the working group, to be blamed
here?

Blame yourselves.

You have no idea how disappointed and pissed off I was to see that
little number of people. We've been tweeting for days before the
seminar and posted about it, yet no one bothered to come for 1-2 hours
to gain their rights. No, they preferred to stay home & rant from
behind a screen or go out for coffee.

If you want your rights, then show it. Act it. Your online rage is
meaningless to the people in control.

--
       Majed B.